Area of responsibility:
Provides strategic leadership across different areas of dispatch/logistics supply chain such Logistics,
Warehousing and Customs at the group level.
This is a corporate role with foresight on long-term impact and the ability to leverage economies of scale from pre-shipment to post -shipment delivery of finished product in compliance to the relevant statutory and customer specific requirements
Level Specific Accountabilities:
Directional support to Logistics/dispatch/insurance
1. Develops plan leveraging short-term and long-term requirements of all the group companies across all the three areas - Logistics, Customs (DGFT), Insurance
2. Develops systems and SOPs covering all the necessary guidelines for dispatch such as loading and unloading, documentation for both import and export markets etc. for all the three areas
3. Liaises with both external stakeholders (such as Customs, DGFT, Service Providers) and internal departments (such as sales, manufacturing) for long-term strategic planning of dispatch activities
4. Appointment of clearing agents, transporters, shipping lines, freight forwarders for imports & exports for all Group Cos. Including foreign subsidiaries
5. To ensure that all the legal requirement related to import & exports are complied by all group Cos and resolve if any Notices have come from any Customs authorities.
6. To ensure that Cos are obtaining all the benefits related to imports & exports
7. Provides contingency plans through cross-functional discussions to resolve and handle customer queries in case of
delays in dispatch due to several reasons such as container availability, manufacturing delays etc.
settlement of insurance claims
rejection of the container from the customer (damages due to loading/unloading etc.)
8. Acts on the feedback based on information relayed by the team on the dispatch status
1. Constantly looks to leverage synergies across the group on services provided through periodic analysis of MIS reports at group level and study of industry benchmarks on parameters such as cost, inventory management, risk management etc.
2. To implement Digital Transformation & advance SCM Technologies across all Group Cos.
1. Establishes long-term strategic contracts with transport agencies (domestic and international),insurance agencies and establishes networks with customs department
2. Creates templates to be used by Company level dispatch team to collate data and evaluate service provided by vendors
3. Ensure vendor development and periodic review of all service providers in inbound logistics & outbound logistics, to suit the needs of various group companies.
1. To open new warehouse in various parts of the world as per request of Group Cos.
2. To manage all existing warehouses of across the world in terms of services, rates & performance.
1. Ensure updation of training manuals/SOPs at all the companies and ensure regular training of all the company level dispatch team members on updated systems and SOPs
Scope of Decision Making:
1. Operates with broad managerial direction from the management and limited supervision
2. Takes strategic decisions on supply chain optimization by considering both, external and internal perspectives
3. Decisions pertaining to critical delays/rejections (in case of consignments, insurance) contingency plans at the group level are typically addressed by these roles
Perks and BenefitsBest in the Industry
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Role Category:Senior Management
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization
SnapSeaarch is in the midst of another record setting year to get covered in the Consultants Review Magazine as the pioneers in the Recruitment industry. We have been recognized as "India's 10 Most Promising Recruitment Consultants-2018" in the Consultant Review Magazine March 2018 edition.
Recruiter Name:Agna Shukla
Address :11th Floor, 1108 Abhishree Adroit, Vastrapur, Ahmedabad, AHMEDABAD, Gujarat - 380015,India